Are you a creative person with an eye for design? If so, this course will show you how to transform plain living spaces into beautiful and functional rooms.
Interior design takes training as well as talent, and these lessons will give you the know-how you need to design a room from floor to ceiling. You'll delve into color theory, industry trends, spatial arrangements, floor plans, traditional and modern interior design ideas, and other basics. In addition, you'll explore a range of careers in interior design and get insider tips for entering this exciting field.
Because interior design is constantly evolving, you'll also learn about some of the latest trends affecting the industry. You'll investigate "green" sustainable design, and you'll find out how to modify your designs for people with special needs.
As you master design skills step-by-step, you'll complete your first project: a fully developed room design complete with spatial layout, lighting, and finish selections. Your new knowledge and hands-on practice will give you the confidence you need to start creating beautiful residential interiors for yourself and others.
- Learn to design a room from floor to ceiling
- Discover how to choose harmonious colors
- Learn to use scale as you use architectural plans to design your spaces
- Learn to adapt spaces to accommodate those with specific disabilities
- Become familiar with textiles, materials and lighting available
- Learn to create beautiful interiors for yourself or for clients
- Feel confident as you design an interior space in your own home
- Know what colors to use that are harmonious and set mood
- Transform plain living space into beautiful and functional rooms for yourself and others
- Open the door to a career in interior design