There has never been a better time to start a career in the game development industry. Games can be found on computers, the Web, gaming consoles, and virtually every mobile tablet and phone. Industry forecasts indicate that gaming will be worth close to $100 billion dollars in the next two years. Talented, creative, and enthusiastic people are in great demand in this industry. Whether you want to start your own independent game project in your basement or work with a small creative team or for a large game development studio, this course will prepare you to start developing your own games.
You will start by learning the fundamentals of game development and get and overview of game genres, platforms, and audiences. Next, you will learn tools and techniques to help you make better design decisions and achieve greater efficiencies as you develop your own games. You will learn why many games fail and how to ensure your games are positioned for success. During the course, you will gain hands-on experience in many of the game development processes. By the end of the course, you will have the experience and confidence to start developing your own games.
- Learn what it takes to be a game developer and the wide range of opportunities available
- Learn about game genres, platforms, and audiences
- Discover the differences between game platforms and how they impact your game
- Learn the importance of interface design decisions to your game's success
- Learn what interface components to include in your game and how to optimize user experiences
- Discover key elements to include in games you develop
- Learn hardware and software requirements in game development
- Explore game engines and how to use them
- Learn to lead a game-development team, benefits and pitfalls of outsourcing, and how to use consultants to your advantage
- Discover how to test your game's functions and features
- Learn how to market your game
- Learn how you can harness your game development skills to fit into this $100 billion industry
- Gain hands-on experience in many of the game development processes
- Learn the many career opportunities available and gain information to develop your own path toward a career in game development